Braces for Adults
Braces are not reserved for adolescents only. In fact, many adults come to our office, hoping to improve their alignment with braces.
How much do Braces cost?
The cost of braces varies considerably based on a variety of different factors. Some of the factors that may affect your treatment cost with braces include the severity of your alignment issues, the time you need to spend in treatment, and your insurance coverage. Before you begin the treatment process, we will develop a detailed estimate of the expenses you can expect, as well as your estimated insurance coverage.
Am I too old for Braces?
Patients often worry that they are too old to get braces if they are out of adolescence. However, this is not true at all! Even if you are well out of your teens, you can still benefit from treatment with braces. We have used braces to improve alignment for patients of all ages, including adolescents, young adults, and older adults.
Why should adults get braces?
Adults gain many of the same benefits as teens when they choose to have braces. One of the most obvious benefits of treatment with braces is the improvement of your smile’s appearance. When alignment issues are resolved, you will have a more visually appealing smile. This also leads to better self-confidence for most patients.
In addition to the cosmetic benefits of braces, adults who get braces will enjoy other benefits. With the improved alignment of your teeth, you will find it easier to chew. You may also experience reduced teeth grinding, and you will be able to keep your teeth clean more easily. This improved hygiene will also reduce the number of cavities and other dental problems you experience.
What type of time frame am I looking at?
After you have decided you want to move forward with braces, we can schedule you for your initial appointments right away. The first step in the process typically involves taking molds of your teeth to develop a customized treatment plan. Next, we will schedule additional appointments to put your braces in place. Our team will discuss your anticipated time frame with you before you begin the treatment process.
How long do I need braces?
Every patient is different, so the amount of time it takes to complete treatment with braces will vary. However, the majority of patients will be able to complete treatment with braces within one or two years.
What type of braces should I get?
Different types of braces exist, including metal braces, self-ligating braces, lingual braces, incognito braces, and clear aligners. Each type of braces offers its own advantages and disadvantages. In addition, you may not be a good candidate for all types of braces.
Our team will take the time to discuss all of your options with you and make recommendations so you can select the type of braces that will meet your needs best.
Benefits of Braces
Getting braces at any age will offer many benefits for the patient. Some of the benefits of braces include:
- Improved appearance of your smile – Braces lead to straighter teeth, giving you a more appealing smile. When you know that you have an appealing smile, your self-esteem and confidence will improve as well.
- Better hygiene – When your teeth are straighter, they become easier to clean. This means you won’t have as much plaque buildup, which may lead to fewer cavities and fillings.
- Reduced teeth grinding – Some people grind their teeth because of problems with alignment. Braces can improve these issues so you won’t grind your teeth as frequently.
- Improved ability to chew – Problems with your teeth’ alignment can make it difficult to chew food effectively. When these problems are resolved with braces, your chewing will improve.
- Reduced risk of injury – If you had protruding teeth before braces, you were at a higher risk of injury because of this issue. Resolving this problem will reduce your risk of injury.
Riverbend Orthodontics and Oral Surgery are proud to offer braces to children of all ages. Contact our office today to schedule an appointment and learn more about getting braces.